Use this guide to set up your profile and get started with When I Work.
- This guide assumes that you have received an email or text message invite from your manager to perform this setup.
- Resources linked in this guide lead to articles related to use of When I Work on a computer via the web app. However, each article includes links to specific help for Android devices or iOS devices if available.
- Your workplace may use additional When I Work products and features not mentioned in this guide. See our Help Center for more information.
- Click on the invite link in the email or text you received from your manager to download the free When I Work mobile applications. Alternatively, log into When I Work on the web.
- Enter your profile information.
- Set up your alert preferences to get notified of your schedule and more. Learn more about alert preferences.
- If applicable, set your availability preferences to let your employer know when to schedule you. Learn more about your availability.
Review these other important help articles that help get you started with When I Work.
Your personal schedule
- View Your Schedule
- Confirm Your Shifts
- Request Time Off
- Get Shifts Covered (Shift Requests)
- View Your Coworkers’ Schedule
- Take an OpenShift
- Get your Schedule via SMS
Your personal timesheet
- Clocking in and Out: Web | Android | iOS
- Take a Lunch Break: Web | Android | iOS
- Reviewing Your Timesheet
- Editing Your Timesheet
- Scheduler Reference Guide
- Scheduling a Shift
- Interpreting Availability While Scheduling
- Scheduling Shortcuts
- Managing Time Off Requests
- Managing Shift Requests
- Scheduling OpenShifts
- How Attendance Works
- Editing User’s Timesheets
- Approving Timesheets
- Setting Up a Time Clock Terminal