Update your alert preferences to configure how you are automatically notified by When I Work.
Types of alerts
|Alert Name||Time-Off Requests|
|Alert Name||Swap/Drop Requests|
|Alert Name||Schedule Updates|
|Alert Name||New Employee|
|Sent When||A new employee registers with your workplace.|
|Alert Name||Availability Change|
|Sent When||An employee edits availability preferences.1|
|Alert Name||Clock In/Out Reminders|
|Alert Name||Shift Reminders|
|Sent When||One of your shifts is coming up. You can edit how many hours before your shift to be notified. Shift reminders can be sent as early as 24 hours before the shift starts.|
|Alert Name||Overtime Alerts|
|Sent When||An employee is scheduled for overtime or nearing overtime.2
|Alert Name||Sent When|
|New Employee||A new employee registers with your workplace.|
|Availability Change||An employee edits availability preferences.1|
|Clock In/Out Reminders||
|Shift Reminders||One of your shifts is coming up. You can edit how many hours before your shift to be notified. Shift reminders can be sent as early as 24 hours before the shift starts.|
|Overtime Alerts||An employee is scheduled for overtime or nearing overtime.2
How alerts are delivered
For each alert, you can choose how you’d like to be notified:
- Email: Just like it sounds—we’ll send you an email.
- Mobile: If you’re logged in to the When I Work app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone, you’ll be notified in the app. If you’re not logged in, we’ll send you a text message.
Things to know before you begin
- To receive email alerts, you must have a valid email address added to your user profile.
- When I Work sends email alerts immediately, but emails may be delayed by your email provider.
- In some cases, email providers mark When I Work emails as spam. If you’re not receiving email alerts, check your spam inbox and edit your email settings to approve/whitelist all When I Work emails.
- To receive text/SMS alerts, you must have a mobile phone number added your user profile.
- While you’re logged into the app from your phone, we’ll send push notifications.
- While you’re logged out of the app, we’ll send notifications by SMS/text message.
- Go to the My Profile page.
- Set your alert preferences.
- Click Email next to an alert to turn email alerts on or off.
- Click Mobile next to an alert to turn mobile alerts on or off.
- When you’re finished, click Save.