You can configure how you are automatically notified by When I Work. This article describes how to change notification settings from the When I Work web app.
Types of alerts
When I Work offers two types of alerts:
- Email: Just like it sounds–we’ll send you an email!
- Mobile: If you’re logged in to the When I Work app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone, you’ll be notified in the app. If you’re not logged in, we’ll send you a text message.
Things to know before you begin
- To receive email and text notifications, your email address and mobile number must be set in your profile.
- If you prefer to receive only SMS/text notifications while logged into the app, you can disable push notifications for the app by adjusting your phone’s settings.
- In some circumstances, email and text notifications can be delayed by your service provider.
- You can also set alert preferences on iPhone/iPad and Android!
- From the When I Work web app, click your profile picture in the upper right corner, then select My Profile.
- Set your Alert Preferences:
- Time-Off Requests: Receive alerts when your account holder, manager, or supervisor makes a decision about your time off requests.
- Swap/Drop Requests: Receive alerts when a swap or a drop shift is available to you.
- Schedule Updates: Receive alerts when you are assigned new shifts.
- Attendance Alerts: Only visible if your employer uses Time Clock & Attendance. Enable this if you’d like to be alerted when you have forgotten to clock in or out. Note: attendance alert messaging is dependent on App Settings defined by the account holder.
- Shift Reminders: Receive alerts when a scheduled shift is coming up in the near future. You can edit how many hours in advance of your shift you want to be notified. Note: The maximum amount of hours you can be notified before a shift is 24 hours.
- Click Save.