If you notice a discrepancy in your timesheet, you can make the necessary corrections if your employer allows it.
Things to know before you begin
You can edit your timesheet if your employer allows it and the pay period is still open.
- Open circle indicates the pay period is open; you can still make changes if allowed by your employer. Supervisors, managers, and the account holder can make changes.
- Solid circle indicates the pay period is closed; you cannot make changes but managers with access to manage payroll and the account holder can.
- Check circle indicates the pay period is finalized; no one can make changes unless the account holder reopens it.
Step 1: Select a pay period
Hover over Attendance, then select Timesheets.
- In the Pay Periods list, select the pay period that you want to view.
Step 2: Edit your timesheet
Now that you’re viewing your timesheet, you can add, edit, and delete entries.
Add a time entry based on a scheduled shift
If you forgot to clock in and out for a shift, you can use the shift information to automatically create the timesheet entry.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click Show Shifts.
Scheduled shifts appear at the bottom of the day rows.
- Find the shift that needs a timesheet entry.
- In the Details column, click Plus button at the right side of the shift.
Add or edit a clock in or out time
Edit the clock in or out time if you need to correct an error, or if you forgot to clock in or out.
- Click the cell that corresponds to the in or out time.
- Add or edit the time. Use “a” for A.M. and “p” for P.M.
For example, enter 8:45a for 8:45 A.M.
- Press Enter or Return.
Add or edit time entry details
When you clock in for a shift, the details for the timesheet entry are filled in based on the shift. However, if the shift didn’t have the information or you weren’t scheduled to work, you may need to add details manually.
The timesheet entry details contain optional information, such as:
- Lunch (unpaid) Break ()
- Schedule (grey)
- Position (blue)
- Job site (green)
- Notes (Note button)
To change any of this information, hover over the Details column of the timesheet, then click Add+ to make changes.
Add an unpaid break
You can add an unpaid break to your timesheet if you forgot to Take Lunch while clocked in.
- Hover over the Details column of the timesheet, then click Add+.
- Click Lunch Break.
- Add the duration of the break in minutes, then click Save. A appears in the Details column of the timesheet.
Delete a timesheet entry
If you need to delete an errant timesheet entry, clear the In and Out times.