If you notice a discrepancy in your time sheet, you can make the necessary corrections if your employer allows it.
Things to know before you begin
You can edit your time sheet if your employer allows it and the pay period is still open.
- Open circle indicates the pay period is open; you can still make changes if allowed by your employer. Supervisors, managers, and the account holder can make changes.
- Solid circle indicates the pay period is closed; you cannot make changes but managers with access to manage payroll and the account holder can.
- Check circle indicates the pay period is finalized; no one can make changes unless the account holder reopens it.
Step 1: Select a pay period
- From your computer, use a supported web browser to sign in to When I Work on the web.
- Near the top of the screen, click Attendance.
- In the Pay Periods list, select the pay period that you want to view.
Step 2: Edit your time sheet
Now that you’re viewing your time sheet, you can add, edit, and delete entries.
Add a time entry based on a scheduled shift
If you forgot to clock in and out for a shift, you can use the shift information to automatically create the time sheet entry.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click Show Shifts.
Scheduled shifts appear at the bottom of the day rows.
- Find the shift that needs a time sheet entry.
- In the Details column, click Plus button at the right side of the shift.
Add or edit a clock in or out time
Edit the clock in or out time if you need to correct an error, or if you forgot to clock in or out.
- Click the cell that corresponds to the in or out time.
- Add or edit the time. Use “a” for A.M. and “p” for P.M.
For example, enter 8:45a for 8:45 A.M.
- Press Enter or Return.
Add or edit time entry details
When you clock in for a shift, the details for the time sheet entry are filled in based on the shift. However, if the shift didn’t have the information or you weren’t scheduled to work, you may need to add details manually.
The time sheet entry details contain optional information, such as:
- Schedule (grey)
- Position (blue)
- Job site (green)
- Notes (Note button)
To change any of this information, hover over the Details column of the time sheet, then click Add+ to make changes.
Add an unpaid break
Unpaid breaks are not automatically added to time sheets. You must remember to clock out for breaks and clock back in when your break ends. If you forgot to clock out for a break, you can manually add the break to the time sheet.
- In the Out column, add the time when your break started.
- Hover your pointer over the day, then click Plus button to add another time sheet entry for that day.
- Add the time when your break ended in the new row’s In column.
A Coffee Cup icon appears next to the date on the left side of the time sheet. Hover over Coffee Cup to see how long the break lasted.
Delete a time sheet entry
If you need to delete an errant time sheet entry, clear the In and Out times.