Time Clock & Attendance allows you to easily track employees’ hours by having them clock in and out using When I Work. At the end of each pay period, you can easily send employees’ timesheets to your payroll processor.
This article assumes that you’re already using Scheduling and you want to add Time Clock & Attendance.
- If you haven’t already set up Scheduling, follow our instructions to set up Scheduling before you follow the instructions in this article.
- If you only need Time Clock & Attendance, follow our instructions to set up Time Clock & Attendance on its own.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have account holder access privileges to add Attendance to the account.
- When I Work offers three different methods for clocking in and out. You can allow employees to clock in using any or all of the following options:
Step 1: Sign in to When I WorkFrom your computer, use a supported web browser to sign in to When I Work on the web.
Step 2: Activate Time Clock & Attendance for your account
- Activate Time Clock & Attendance on your account:
- If you’re on a paid Scheduling plan, click Time Clock at the top of the screen.
- If you’re on a free Scheduling plan, hover your pointer over Gear menu in the top-right corner of the screen, then click Time Clock.
- Click Get Started Free.
The Attendance Setup wizard appears.
- Follow the Attendance Setup steps. The settings you configure can be changed at any time in App Settings.
Step 3: Configure Time Clock & Attendance settings
Customize Time Clock & Attendance settings to meet the needs of your business.
To change these settings, you must be the account holder or a manager that has access to manage payroll.
- Prevent employees from editing their own timesheets.
- Adjust pay period length and end date.
- Change overtime settings.
To change these settings, you must be the account holder.
- Choose how quickly employees and managers are notified when employees miss clocking in or out for their shifts.
- Choose when supervisors, managers, and the account holder receive alerts for employees who are nearing overtime.
Step 4: Prepare your schedules and job sites
Set up your schedules and job sites with addresses to make sure employees are clocking in from the right location. For more information, check out Restricting Where Employees Can Clock In.
Step 5: Prepare your shifts
To allow your employees to clock in, their shifts must be tagged with the correct schedule and job site.
Review future shifts
Use the Scheduler to confirm that future shifts are tagged to the correct schedule and job site.
If you have multiple schedules, review each schedule one at a time:
- On the left side of the page, select a schedule:
- Review all future shifts to make sure they are assigned to the correct schedule.
- If you use job sites, make sure shifts are assigned to the correct job sites. Use the Job Site filter to show shifts by job site.
Review shift templates
If you’ve created any shift templates, review them to make sure they are assigned to the correct schedule:
- In the top-right corner, click the Gear menu, then select Shift Templates.
- Review the list of shift templates to verify that the Schedule column is correct.
- If a shift template is set to the wrong schedule, click the shift template to set the correct schedule.
Step 6: Set up time clock terminals
If you don’t want to set up a time clock terminal for employees to clock in, skip this step.
Follow our instructions to set up a time clock terminal on a computer, iPhone, or Android phone/tablet.
Step 7: Instruct your employees to start clocking in and out
Now that your clock in methods are defined, tell your employees how they should clock in to their shifts. We recommend sending a WorkChat message to announce time clock procedures to your employees.
Reference our articles on clocking in and out:
- Time clock terminal instructions
- Personal computer instructions
- Mobile instructions: iPhone | Android phone
Now that Time Clock & Attendance is set up, you might want to: