Editing Pay Periods provide more flexibility to Account Holders and Managers with Payroll privileges. Editing Pay Periods ensures your account does not have overlapping, duplicate, or gaps between Pay Periods.
Things to know before you begin
- At this time, this feature is only accessible via the web app (on a computer).
- By default, only Account Holders have the ability to Manage Payroll. Account Holder must edit a Manager’s User Access Privileges and turn on “Can Manage Payroll” to provide Managers the ability to edit Pay Periods.
- If the previous pay period is closed or finalized, the system will force the next new pay period on the following date to prevent a gap between pay periods.
- The longest pay period can be up to 2 months.
- If you need to change the type/length of your pay period, the account holder or a manager with “Can Manage Payroll” enabled can edit the pay period length in the account’s attendance settings.
How to Edit Pay Periods
Hover over Attendance, then select Timesheets.
- On the top left of the screen under Pay Periods, select the specific pay period in need of editing.This will bring open the existing timesheets associated with this pay period.
- Click More button, then select Edit Period Dates.
- A popup will appear where you can edit the Start and End Date for the pay period.
NOTE: If the previous pay period is closed or finalized, the system will force you to start your next new pay period on the following date to prevent a gap between pay periods.
- When selecting your Start and End Date for the pay period, notice the blue lines showing existing pay periods.NOTE: If the End Date for the pay period impacts other pay periods, When I Work will display a warning message requiring your approval to move forward. If a gap between pay periods is detected, the user is warned before saving and the gap is automatically adjusted using the previous pay period dates. If the selected dates overlap with another pay period, the user is warned and the dates from the pay period which has been overlapped are automatically adjusted.
- Once you have completed setting up your custom Start and End Date for the pay period, click Save Payroll.
NOTE: If you do not click Save Payroll, your options are not stored.