Editing pay periods provides more flexibility to Account Holders and Managers with payroll privileges. Editing pay periods ensures your account does not have overlapping, duplicate, or gaps between pay periods.
- At this time, this feature is only accessible via the web app (on a computer).
- The account holder and managers with access to manage payroll are able to edit pay periods.
- If the previous pay period is closed, the system will force the next new pay period on the following date to prevent a gap between pay periods.
- The longest pay period can be up to 2 months.
- If you need to change the type/length of your pay period, the account holder or a manager with access to manage payroll can edit the pay period length in the account’s attendance settings.
How to Edit Pay Periods
Hover over Attendance, then select Timesheets.
- On the top left of the screen under Pay Periods, select the specific pay period in need of editing.Existing timesheets associated with the pay period open.
- Click More button, then select Edit Period Dates.
- A popup appears where you can edit the Start and End Date for the pay period.
NOTE: If the previous pay period is closed, the system forces you to start your next new pay period on the following date to prevent a gap between pay periods.
- When selecting your Start and End Date for the pay period, notice the blue lines showing existing pay periods.NOTE: If the End Date for the pay period impacts other pay periods, When I Work displays a warning message requiring your approval to move forward.
- Once you have completed setting up your custom Start and End Date for the pay period, click Save Payroll.
NOTE: If you do not click Save Payroll, your options are not stored.