The Dashboard gives you a snapshot of what’s going on in your business.
If you don’t use Time Clock & Attendance, see the Scheduling only Dashboard article instead.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have manager or account holder access privileges to view the Labor Forecast, Pay Period Complete, Pay Period Forecast, and Labor Cost sections of the Dashboard.
- Your employees must have wages set for the Time Clock & Attendance data to report correctly.
Labor Forecast compares the hours scheduled for your business with the hours worked by your employees (as recorded in their time sheets).
|Description||Compares the hours scheduled this week with the hours scheduled for last week.|
|Description||Compares the hours scheduled last week with the hours worked last week.|
|Description||Click to download a spreadsheet that contains a per-employee breakdown of scheduled hours, worked hours, and labor cost.|
|a||Scheduled Hours||Compares the hours scheduled this week with the hours scheduled for last week.|
|b||Actual Hours||Compares the hours scheduled last week with the hours worked last week.|
|c||Labor History||Click to download a spreadsheet that contains a per-employee breakdown of scheduled hours, worked hours, and labor cost.|
The Labor Forecast data automatically updates around once a day.
Pay Period Complete
Pay Period Complete monitors your pay period and reminds you to finalize your payroll when it is time to do so. You can go straight to your pay period by clicking Finalize Payroll.
For more details, see Review, Finalize, and Export Payroll.
Pay Period Forecast
Pay Period Forecast visualizes your labor budget for the current pay period.
- The Budget total is the projected cost of the scheduled hours for the current pay period based on your employees’ wages. This total does not consider unpaid breaks, overtime, or unpublished shifts.
- The Today marker indicates how far you’ve progressed through the current pay period based on time, not budget.
- The blue bar indicates how much of your labor budget has been spent for the current pay period.
- If your budget is equally distributed across each day in the pay period and your employees are clocking in and out correctly, the blue budget bar lines up with the Today marker.
- If your budget is more heavily weighted early or late in the pay period, or if your employees are failing to clock in or out, the budget line does not line up with the Today marker.
Click Review Schedule to go straight to the Scheduler.
Today’s Schedule shows who’s working now and who will be working in the next twelve hours.
- To view shift details or find a replacement, click Gear menu on the left side of the shift.
- To send your staff a message, click Message Staff,
Requires supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges.
- To sync the schedule to your favorite calendar app, click Message Staff.
- To view the schedule for a specific location, click All Locations, then select the location.
- To view up to 100 shifts, click Expand.
Available Open Shifts
Available Open Shifts shows the upcoming OpenShifts that you are eligible to take for the next two months (up to 500 shifts).
- To take an OpenShift, hover your mouse pointer over the shift, then click Take Shift.
- To view more information about an OpenShift, hover your mouse pointer over the shift, then click Info.
Labor Cost is calculated based on your employees’ time sheets and assigned wages.
Labor Cost bar chart
If employees have clocked in from only one location, a bar chart shows daily labor cost for the last seven days.
Labor Cost pie charts
Pie charts break down labor cost by position and location/job site if both of the following conditions are met:
- Employees have clocked in at two or more locations
- Employees have clocked in to work two or more positions
Each pie chart can display up to five data points. Additional data points are grouped under All Others.
Attendance Notices shows alerts related to your employees’ attendance that need your attention. There are three kinds of notices: No Show, Clocked In Late, and Forgot to Clock Out.
Fifteen minutes after an employee fails to clock in for a shift, the employee is listed as No Show.
Hover over the alert and click Show Details to see details about the shift.
To clear this alert, click the Clear button at the top-right corner of this section.
Clocked In Late
If an employee clocked in after their shift began, the employee is listed as Clocked In Late.
If you want to edit the clock in time, hover over the shift and click Edit Time. If you want to approve the clock in, click .
Forgot to Clock Out
If an employee forgot to clock out, the employee is listed as Forgot to Clock Out.
Hover your pointer over the alert to act on the alert.
- Click Resolve to add a clock out time.
- Click More button to view details about the shift.
- Click to dismiss the alert.