Changing your view of the schedule helps you better visualize upcoming shifts. The Scheduler offers three types of views:
- Time views determine the time period that you’re viewing.
- Staff views determine whether you’re scheduling shifts based on individual employees or positions.
- Color views determine whether the schedule is colored based on shift colors or position colors.
ConsiderationsMonth view is available on most paid plans. To see if your plan includes month view, check the Account & Billing page.
The Scheduler allows you to view the schedule by week (default), day, or month. Switch between time views using the view dropdown above the schedule. Click Down icon to switch between Day, Week, 2 Week or Month view.
When you’re viewing a particular day, week, or month:
- Click Left arrow button to go back and Right arrow button to go forward.
- Click Calendar button to jump to a specific day.
- Click Today to return to the current day.
Click Down icon in the upper-right corner of the Scheduler, then select Week to view and manage the schedule one week at a time.
By default, the week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. If you don’t want Sunday as the start day of each week, change the start day of the work week.
If you are a manager or the account holder, you can also view your employees’ wages as they are scheduled. Enable the Forecast Tools checkbox in the View Options menu to the left of the schedule. See Viewing Labor Costs While Scheduling for more information.
Click Down icon in the upper-right corner of the Scheduler, then select Day to view and manage the schedule one day at a time. From week or month view, you can click the date at the top of the schedule or in the calendar to switch to a specific day.
Day view also helps you evaluate coverage for a single day. A coverage graph is available at the bottom so you can quickly see how many employees you have scheduled during a particular hour of the day.
2 Week view
Click Down icon in the upper-right corner of the Scheduler, then click 2 Week to view and manage the schedule for two weeks at a time.
Click Down icon in the upper-right corner of the Scheduler, then click Month to view and manage the schedule for an entire month. For more information, see Using Month View.
When you’re building the schedule, you can schedule shifts based on employees, positions, or coverage. If you prefer to think about who you are scheduling, use employee view. If you prefer to think about the position or job that you’re scheduling, use position view instead. Finally, if you like to see shifts in ascending order from start time, use coverage view to ensure your whole work day is being covered.
In the View Options menu to the left of the schedule, use the View Shifts By menu to select Employee view, Position view, or Coverage view.
Time view options vary with each staff view. The following time views are available for employee, position and coverage view:
|Employee View||Position View||Coverage View|
Use employees view if you prefer to think about schedule coverage based on who is scheduled.
In employees view:
- (a) OpenShifts appear on their own row
- (b) Each employee gets one row.
- (c) Employees’ availability appears in each cell, if they’ve set it up.
To schedule a shift for a particular employee, click the day in the row for that employee. For more information about scheduling shifts, see Scheduling a Shift.
In the Employees view, you can check the Hide Unscheduled Employees checkbox to hide employees who don’t have shifts scheduled in the week you’re viewing.
When you’re using employees view, you can change how your employees are sorted in the Scheduler. Click the arrow icon in the upper-left corner of the Scheduler, then select how you’d like to sort your employees:
- First Name: Sorts employees based on their first name.
- Last Name: Sorts employees based on their last name.
- Start Time: Sorts employees based on the start times of their scheduled shifts.
NOTE: Only available in Day View.
- Custom: Sorts employees based on the custom sorting you have set on your Employees page. For more information on custom sorting, see Sorting Employees and Positions.
Use positions view if you prefer to think about schedule coverage based on which positions need to be filled.
In positions view:
- (a) Each position gets one row.
- (b) Each position gets a count of shifts.
- (c) Regular shifts appear in the assigned position row with a label that indicates the assigned employee and the hours they are working.
- (d) OpenShifts appear in the assigned position row with an OpenShift label and the hours for the OpenShift.
- Employees’ availability appears when you add or edit a shift.
In the View Options menu:
- Check the Hide Unscheduled Positions checkbox to hide positions not assigned to shifts scheduled in the week you’re viewing.
- Check Highlight OpenShifts to highlight all of the OpenShifts in your schedule to identify gaps in scheduling.
- Check the Show Shifts at Other Schedules checkbox to display shifts scheduled on other schedules.
To schedule a shift for a particular position, click the day in the row for that position. For more information about scheduling shifts, see Scheduling a Shift.
Coverage view displays shifts in chronological order starting from 12a-12p so you can see who is working today and at what time. Coverage view is useful when you want to make sure you have an entire day’s worth of shifts covered and determine any gaps for priority shift times.
Each shift block displays the start time, end time, employee first name, employee last initial, and position.
The total count of shifts and shift hours are displayed in the footer to help ensure total coverage for each day.
You can color the schedule based on the colors assigned to the shifts or the colors of the assigned positions. Use the View Shift Colors By dropdown in the View Options menu to switch between color views:
- To view shifts based on the colors assigned to them, select Shift.
- To view shifts based on the colors of their assigned positions, select Position.
- To view shifts based on the colors of job sites assigned to them, select Job Site.