Changing your view of the schedule helps you better visualize upcoming shifts. The Scheduler offers three types of views:
- Time views determine the time period that you’re viewing.
- Staff views determine whether you’re scheduling shifts based on individual employees or positions.
- Color views determine whether the schedule is colored based on shift colors or position colors.
- Month view is available on most paid plans. To see if your plan includes month view, check the Account & Billing page.
- Positions view does not support month view or printing.
The Scheduler allows you to view the schedule by week (default), day, or month. Switch between time views using the view dropdown above the schedule. Click Down icon to switch between Day, Week, or Month view.
When you’re viewing a particular day, week, or month:
- Click Left arrow button to go back and Right arrow button to go forward.
- Click Calendar button to jump to a specific day.
- Click Today to return to the current day.
Click Down icon in the upper-right corner of the Scheduler, then select Week to view and manage the schedule one week at a time.
By default, the week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. If you don’t want Sunday as the start day of each week, change the start day of the work week.
If you are a manager or the account holder, you can also view your employees’ wages as they are scheduled. Enable the Show Budget Tools checkbox in the View Options menu to the left of the schedule. See Viewing Labor Costs While Scheduling for more information.
Click Down icon in the upper-right corner of the Scheduler, then select Day to view and manage the schedule one day at a time. From week or month view, you can click the date at the top of the schedule or in the calendar to switch to a specific day.
Day view also helps you evaluate coverage for a single day. A coverage graph is available at the bottom so you can quickly see how many employees you have scheduled during a particular hour of the day.
Click Down icon in the upper-right corner of the Scheduler, then click Month to view and manage the schedule for an entire month. For more information, see Using Month View.
When you’re building the schedule, you can schedule shifts based on employees or positions. If you prefer to think about who you are scheduling, use employees view. On the other hand, if you prefer to think about the position or job that you’re scheduling, use positions view instead.
Use the View Options menu to the left of the schedule to toggle between Employees view and Positions view.
Use employees view if you prefer to think about schedule coverage based on who is scheduled.
In employees view:
- OpenShifts appear on their own row (A).
- Each employee gets one row (B).
- Employees’ availability appears in each cell, if they’ve set it up (C).
To schedule a shift for a particular employee, click the day in the row for that employee. For more information about scheduling shifts, see Scheduling a Shift.
In the Employees view, you can check the Hide Unscheduled Employees checkbox to hide employees who don’t have shifts scheduled in the week you’re viewing.
When you’re using employees view, you can change how your employees are sorted in the Scheduler. Click the arrow icon in the upper-left corner of the Scheduler, then select how you’d like to sort your employees:
- First Name: Sorts employees based on their first name.
- Last Name: Sorts employees based on their last name.
- Start Time (Day View): Sorts employees based on the start times of their scheduled shifts.
- Custom: Sorts employees based on the custom sorting you have set on your Employees page. For more information on custom sorting, see Sorting Employees and Positions.
Use positions view if you prefer to think about schedule coverage based on which positions need to be filled.
Positions view does not support month view or printing.
In positions view:
- Each position gets one row (A).
- OpenShifts appear in the assigned position row with an OpenShift label (B).
- Regular shifts appear in the assigned position row with a label that indicates the assigned employee (C).
- Employees’ availability appears when you add or edit a shift.
In the View Options menu:
- Check the Hide Unscheduled Positions checkbox to hide positions not assigned to shifts scheduled in the week you’re viewing (A).
- Check the Show Shifts at Other Schedules checkbox to display shifts scheduled on other schedules (B).
To schedule a shift for a particular position, click the day in the row for that position. For more information about scheduling shifts, see Scheduling a Shift.
You can color the schedule based on the colors assigned to the shifts or the colors of the assigned positions. Use the View Shift Colors By dropdown in the View Options menu to switch between color views:
- To view shifts based on the colors assigned to them, select Shift.
- To view shifts based on the colors of their assigned positions, select Position.
- To view shifts based on the colors of job sites assigned to them, select Job Site.