If an employee is paid differently based upon the position they are working, set up their hourly rate settings to make the position-based rate assignments automatic.
Before you begin
Assign rates to an employee based on position
Hover over , then select Employees.
- Click the name of the employee.
- Click the Hourly Rates tab.
- In Base Hourly Rate, enter base hourly rate that the employee receives regardless of position.
- For each position, enter a value to increase or decrease the hourly rate that the employee receives for that position.
- To pay the employee more than the base hourly rate, enter a positive number.
- To pay the employee less than the base hourly rate, enter a negative number, such as -2.
- Click Save Employee.