If an employee is paid differently based upon the position they are working, set up their payroll settings to make the position-based wages automatic.
Before you begin
Assign wages to an employee based on position
Hover over , then select Employees.
- Click the name of the employee.
- Click the Payroll / Wage tab.
- In Base Hourly Rate, enter base hourly rate that the employee receives regardless of position.
- For each position, enter a value to increase or decrease the hourly rate that the employee receives for that position.
- To pay the employee more than the base hourly rate, enter a positive number.
- To pay the employee less than the base hourly rate, enter a negative number, such as -2.
- Click Save Employee.