Set up overtime alerts to let managers know when employees are nearing overtime based on the configured weekly overtime threshold. Managers have the option to opt in or out of these alerts by setting their personal alert preferences.
- Overtime alerts are available and appear in the Attendance Settings if weekly overtime is calculated from the start of the week.
- If weekly overtime is not calculated from the start of the week, overtime alerts are available in the Attendance Settings if both of the following apply:
- the pay period type is weekly or every two weeks.
- the work day start is set to midnight.
How overtime alerts work
Two types of overtime alerts can be set up:
- Scheduled for overtime: An alert is sent to managers when an employee’s worked hours and their remaining scheduled hours cause the employee to work weekly overtime. This alert is triggered when an employee clocks out.
- Nearing overtime: An alert is sent to managers when an employee is within X hours away from working weekly overtime. This alert is triggered when an employee clocks in.
Hover over , then select Attendance Settings.
- Scroll down to the Notifications section and use the checkboxes to turn overtime alerts on or off:
- If you want managers to be notified when an employee is projected to work overtime, use the checkbox to turn on Notify Managers When Employee’s Worked Hours and Remaining Scheduled Hours Will Cause Overtime.
- If you want managers to be notified when an employee is within X hours of overtime, use the checkbox to turn on Notify Managers When Employees are X Hours Away from Working Overtime at Clock-In. Set how many hours away from overtime an employee needs to be to trigger the alert.
- When you’re finished, click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.