The paid break reporting feature allows employees to report that they have taken all of their required paid breaks during their shift. If the employee did not take their paid breaks, they can leave a note explaining why the breaks were missed for the employer’s records. Timesheet exports will highlight any missed breaks on the Breaks tab of the export.
- Paid Break Reporting is available on paid Attendance plans.
- Employees must report on their breaks before clocking out.
- Employees must be clocked in for 3.5 hours before the paid breaks question is asked upon clock out.
- Exempt employees are not asked to record paid breaks upon clock out.
Before you begin
Enable the Paid Rest Breaks option in the Attendance Settings.
Hover over , then select Attendance Settings.
- Toggle the Breaks switch on.
- Check Ask employees about paid rest breaks.
- Click Save at the top of the page.
Reporting paid breaks
Paid breaks are recorded upon clock out. Check out these articles on reporting paid breaks:
- Android Time Clock Terminal
- iOS Time Clock Terminal
- Computer Time Clock Terminal
- Android Scheduling app
- iOS Scheduling app
- Personal Computer
Review paid breaks on timesheets
If an employee misses a paid break, it is reflected on their timesheet.
Hover over Attendance, then select Timesheets.
- Click the employee’s name under Timesheets on the left.
The employee’s timesheet appears.
- If paid breaks were missed, appears in the Details column.
- Click to view the employee’s missed paid break note.