The paid break reporting feature allows users to report that they have taken all of their required paid breaks during their shift. If the user did not take their paid breaks, they can leave a note explaining why the breaks were missed for the employer’s records. Timesheet exports will highlight any missed breaks on the Breaks tab of the export.
Paid break reporting can be especially useful for your workplace if, in states like California, laws require people to take and record their paid breaks.
- Your account’s plan must include Attendance.
- Users must report on their breaks before clocking out.
- Users must be clocked in for 3.5 hours before the paid breaks question is asked upon clock out.
- Exempt users are not asked to record paid breaks upon clock out.
Before you begin
Enable the paid rest breaks option in the Attendance Settings.
Hover over , then select Attendance Settings.
- Scroll down to Breaks, then check Ask users about paid rest breaks.
- Click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.
Reporting paid breaks
Paid breaks are recorded upon clock out. Check out these articles on reporting paid breaks:
- Android Time Clock Terminal
- iOS Time Clock Terminal
- Computer Time Clock Terminal
- Android Scheduling app
- iOS Scheduling app
- Personal Computer
Review paid breaks on timesheets
If a user misses a paid break, it is reflected on their timesheet.
Hover over Attendance, then select Timesheets.
- Click the user’s name under Timesheets on the left.
The user’s timesheet appears.
- If paid breaks were missed, appears in the Details column.
- Click to view the user’s missed paid break note.