Set up your overtime thresholds so employees are paid extra depending on how many hours they work within a certain time frame. You can adjust the thresholds to calculate weekly, daily, and daily double overtime. For example, if your weekly overtime threshold is set to 40 hours and an employee works 42 hours in one week, they would be paid for two hours of overtime.
For more information on how overtime works, see How Overtime is Calculated.
Things to know before you begin
- Only the account holder and managers can change overtime thresholds.
- Weekly and daily overtime are paid at 1.5 times the normal rate.
- Daily double overtime is paid at 2 times the normal rate.
- Go to App Settings.
- In the Overtime section, enter your thresholds in the Calculate Weekly OT After, Calculate Daily OT After, and Calculate Daily Double OT After.
- When you’re finished, click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.
After you set your overtime thresholds, close out a finished pay period to automatically calculate overtime based on the thresholds you’ve set.