Set up your overtime thresholds so employees are paid extra depending on how many hours they work within a certain time frame. You can adjust the thresholds to calculate weekly, daily, and daily double overtime. For example, if your weekly overtime threshold is set to 40 hours and an employee works 42 hours in one week, they would be paid for two hours of overtime.
For more information on how overtime works, see How Overtime is Calculated.
Things to know before you begin
- Only the account holder and managers with access to manage payroll can change overtime thresholds.
- Weekly and daily overtime are paid at 1.5 times the normal rate.
- Daily double overtime is paid at 2 times the normal rate.
- Go to App Settings.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click Attendance.
- Scroll down to the Payroll section, then enter your thresholds in the Weekly Overtime Threshold, Daily Overtime Threshold, and Daily Double OT Threshold fields.
- When you’re finished, click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.
After you set your overtime thresholds, close out a finished pay period to automatically calculate overtime based on the thresholds you’ve set.