By default, employees have the ability to edit their own personal time sheets in When I Work. If you don’t want employees to edit their own time sheets, disable the feature so they can only record their hours by clocking in and out.
Things to know before you begin
- Only the account holder and managers with access to manage payroll can change payroll settings.
- If you allow employees to edit their own time sheets, they can only make edits to time sheets in open pay periods.
- Go to App Settings.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click Attendance.
- Scroll down to the Payroll section, then uncheck the Allow Employees to Enter and Edit Their Own Timesheets option.
- Click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.