Use this guide to set up your profile and get started with When I Work.
- This guide assumes that you have received an email or text message invite from your manager to perform this setup.
- Resources linked in this guide lead to articles related to use of When I Work on a computer via the web app. However, each article includes links to specific help for Android devices or iOS devices if available.
- Your workplace may use additional When I Work products and features not mentioned in this guide or may have settings that disable certain features. Reach out to your employer for more information on how your workplace utilizes When I Work.
- Click on the invite link in the email or text you received from your manager to download the free When I Work mobile applications. Alternatively, log into When I Work on the web.
- Enter your profile information.
- Set up your alert preferences to get notified of your schedule and more. Learn more about alert preferences.
- If applicable, set your availability preferences to let your employer know when to schedule you. Learn more about your availability.
Review these other important help articles that help get you started with When I Work.
Navigating the web app
Get to know the layout of the web app. See Web App Navigation Reference for Employees.
- View Your Schedule
- Confirm Your Shifts
- Request Time Off
- Get Shifts Covered (Shift Requests)
- View Your Coworkers’ Schedule
- Take an OpenShift
- Get your Schedule via SMS
Time Clock & Attendance
- Clocking in and Out: Web | Android | iOS
- Take a Lunch Break: Web | Android | iOS
- Reviewing Your Timesheet
- Editing Your Timesheet