If your employees use computers at work, you can let them clock in and out from their computers when they’re logged in to the When I Work web app.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have manager or account holder access privileges to enable or disable time clocks in app settings.
- Your Internet connection must have a static IP address to allow employees to clock in from computers located at your place of business. If you don’t know whether you have a static IP, contact your internet service provider.
Step 1: Add IP addresses to your locations
An IP Address is similar to what your house number is on your street, but to your internet connection. Having your IP address set up ensures that your employee can only clock in when they are on a computer in your network.
- To add your IP Addresses, go to the Gear icon at the top and select Locations.
- Click on the name of a location to add an IP address.
- From the pop up, click on the arrow icon within the IP Address field.This will automatically populate your network’s public IP address for you. (Note: The IP address below is an example of how it will look.)
Repeat this step at each location if you have more than one.
Step 2: Turn on the Work Computer time clock option
- Go to your name at the top right corner and select App Settings.
- Click the Attendance tab on the left side.
- Under Work Computer, click the toggle to move it to the on position.
- Click Save.
Let your employees know they can use work computers to clock in and out from the When I Work web app.