If your employees use computers at work, you can let them clock in and out from their computers when they’re logged in to the When I Work web app.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have manager or account holder access privileges to modify attendance settings.
- A static IP address is required to restrict your employees clock ins to their scheduled location.
- Go to App Settings.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click Attendance.
- Next to Clock In With Personal Computer, click the toggle to move it to the on position.
If you want to require employees to be near their scheduled location when they clock in, check the Employees Must Be Near Location to Clock In checkbox. For more information, check out Restricting Where Employees Can Clock In.
- Click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.
Let your employees know they can use personal computers to clock in and out from the When I Work web app.