Set your pay period length to align with how frequently your employees are paid. For example, if you pay employees every week you might want to set weekly pay periods.
Things to know before you begin
- Only the account holder and managers with access to manage payroll can change payroll settings.
- Overtime alerts are available if your pay periods are weekly or every two weeks.
- Go to App Settings.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click Attendance.
- Scroll down to the Payroll section, then use the Pay Period Length menu to select how long your pay periods run:
- Weekly: Select this option if your employees are paid every week. Payroll is calculated every week based on the payroll end date.
- Every two weeks: Select this option if your employees receive payment every two weeks. Payroll is calculated every other week based on the payroll end date.
- Twice a month: Select this option if your employees receive payment twice a month. Payroll is calculated every 15 days based on the pay period end date.
- Monthly: Select this option if your employees are paid once a month. Payroll is calculated every month based on the pay period end date.
- After selecting your pay period length, a pop-up appears prompting you to set the end date for your current pay period. Use the When Will Your Current Pay Period End menu to set your pay period end date, then click Update Period.
- When you’re finished, click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.