When a pay period has ended, review and close the pay period to prepare it for export to your payroll processor.
Only the account holder and managers with access to manage payroll can close or re-open the pay period.
Close and export payroll
Follow these steps to close and export your pay period summary.
Close the pay period
Close the pay period to make sure that no further changes are made to timesheets.
Hover over Attendance, then select Timesheets.
- In the Pay Periods list, select the pay period.
- Under the pay period list in the top-left corner of the screen, click Close Period.
Review Missing Entries
When you close the pay period, timesheets with missing entries are highlighted in red. A timesheet is highlighted if:
- there is an entry with an in time entered but an out time is missing.
- both an in and out time are missing for a scheduled shift.
Fill in the missing out times to resolve entries that are missing an out time.
When an entry is missing both in and out times, fill in the missing in and out times, or ignore the missing timesheet entries, then close the pay period again.
- Ignore a single missed entry.
- Click in the Details column of the timesheet.
- Click Approve.
- Ignore all missed entries.
- Click Approve missing entries in the top corner.
Review the payroll summary
Review each employee’s hours for the pay period. If an employee’s hours look incorrect, re-open the pay period, click the employee’s name under Timesheets on the left and make any edits that are needed. When you’re finished, click Close Period under the pay period list in the top-left corner of the screen.
When you are done reviewing your payroll summary, export your payroll data.
- Under the pay period list in the top-left corner of the screen, click Export Payroll.
- Choose a payroll export method.
- If you want to export your payroll information to an Excel spreadsheet, click Download Excel File.
- If you’ve configured a payroll integration, click the name of the payroll processor to send the payroll export directly to the payroll processor.
NOTE: Depending on the payroll integration, a spreadsheet may be generated that you import into your payroll processor.
- If you haven’t set up a payroll integration but would like to, click Set up a different payroll integration. Check out Integrating With a Payroll Processor for more information.
Print the payroll summary
Click to print the finalized payroll summary.