The payroll cutoff time controls when one pay period ends and the next pay period begins. It also determines when daily and weekly overtime calculations start over.
By default, the payroll cutoff time is set to 12:00am, Midnight.
Things to know before you begin
- You must be a manager or account holder to change the payroll cutoff time. A manager can only change payroll settings if the account holder grants access to manage payroll.
- If your When I Work account was created on or after October 1, 2017, you cannot change the payroll cutoff time.
How the payroll cutoff time impacts daily overtime
If you have a shift from 8:00pm to 8:00am, and payroll cutoff time is set to 12:00am, 4 hours fall on the first day and are counted towards the overtime total. The remaining 8 hours are counted in the following day.
If you want daily overtime to be calculated after midnight, set the payroll cutoff time to a time early in the morning. Weekly OT calculations also adjust to based on the payroll cut off time.
Changing the payroll cutoff time
- Go to the App Settings page. This can be accessed by going to your name at the top right corner.
- Click the Attendance tab at the left side.
- Scroll down to the “Payroll” section.
- Set the Payroll Cutoff Time.
- Click Save.