You can edit an employee’s information at any time from the When I Work Scheduling app.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges to edit an employee’s information.
- A registered user’s email address cannot be changed by an account holder, manager, or supervisor if the user has already registered. If the user’s email needs to be changed, the user will need to log into When I Work and change their personal email from their individual “My Profile” page.
- To edit the employee’s profile picture, access level, availability preferences, max hours per week, or employee ID, visit the When I Work web app from your computer.
Edit a user’s information
1) From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap on the Menu button on the top left of the screen
2) Select Employees from the Toolbox list
3) Select the User you need to edit.
4) To edit the User’s Profile, tap the icon on the top right of the screen.
5) This will bring up a screen which allows you to Edit the User’s Profile.
On this screen, you can edit the User’s:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Employee Notes
- Qualified Positions
6) To tag additional Positions to the User, tap the icon next to “Tag Position…” and select the additional Position(s) they are qualified to work. Once you tagged the Position to the User, it will return to the Employee’s editable screen.
NOTE: When I Work allows you to tag a User to Multiple Positions. Tagging a User to Multiple Positions means that the User is qualified to work the Position.
7) If you need to remove a Position from the User’s Profile, click the – icon next to the specific Positions they are no longer qualified to work.
8) You can untag the User from select Schedules by clicking the – icon to the right of the Schedules they are unqualified to work at.
9) When you have completed editing the Employee’s information, click the on the top right of the screen. If you do not click the , your Employee’s information will not be stored and you will need to start over.
10) A message will appear in the bottom of your app to state the Employee info is saved