Whether you’re building a brand new account or updating your existing roster, the user import feature has several benefits makes maintaining your team’s information easy.
We offer a user import template that streamlines the import process.
- Add all of your users in advance without their email address so you can invite them when you are ready.
- Make bulk updates to user names, emails, schedules, positions, tags, base pay rate and employee codes, which are impacted by your payroll provider.
- We recommend using the When I Work user import template for best results.
- Your user spreadsheet cannot contain any special characters. Make sure your spreadsheet contains only:
- The following spreadsheet formats are supported:
- Microsoft Excel (.xlsx, xls)
- Comma-separated values (.csv)
- New users are added and existing user’s profiles are updated during a new user import. Removing schedules, positions, or tags from existing user profiles will impact the user’s upcoming shifts.
- The import spreadsheet must contain headers.
- A first name, last name, and one of the following: email, phone number or employee ID is required for each user to complete an import.
Before you begin
- If you’re starting with an existing account, export your user list and start with that as your source spreadsheet.
- If you’re starting fresh, download the user import template and fill in all your user’s information.
Import user information
Hover over , then select Users.
- Click more More button , then select Import Users.
- Click Upload File.
- Select and upload your spreadsheet file.
- After your file has been uploaded, match any fields that was not automatically matched. Click Continue when your fields are matched.
- Review your user import:
- If you want to invite users immediately, check Send Users and Invite to When I Work.
- If you need to add seats to your plan to invite more, select Add More Seats.
- Review the workplace objects that will be created. Correct any issues with your spreadsheet.
- Click Import Users.
- Click Close after the import completes.