When I Work allows you to communicate with your employees by sending emails and TeamTxt messages (custom text messages).
Our TeamTxt service allows you and your managers to send mass custom text messages to employees at any time. Use TeamTxt to send time-sensitive group SMS messages, such as meeting updates, to the entire staff, individual employees, or smaller employee groups with just one click.
Things to know before you begin
- The email message service is included with all plans. However, the TeamTxt service requires the purchase of credits in order to send customized text messages to staff.
- TeamTxt messages (custom text messages) can only be sent from the web app.
- Email messages can be sent from the web app, iPhone/iPad app, and Android app.
- Email and TeamTxt messages are one-way messages that cannot be responded to by recipients. Any direct replies to these messages will not be received. If your message needs a reply, check out WorkChat.
Sending email messages
- Click the Message Staff icon at the top of the page to send a custom group email to your staff.
- Click the Email tab within the pop-up.
By default, it will be set to “All/Everyone” so you can email all of your employees at once. You can type in a single recipient’s name instead or choose their name from the drop-down and the form will autocomplete so that “All/Everyone” is removed.
You can also type the name of a Position or Schedule to target all employees in a specific group.
- Click Send Message when finished. You will not be able to send a message unless the subject and message fields are filled in.
Note: Messages sent through here go straight to the email inboxes of your employees. If you’d like to keep a copy of a message that you send through here, you’ll want to make sure to include your name as well so you are sent a copy.
Sending custom text messages (TeamTxt)
- To send a TeamTxt message to your staff from the web app, click Message Staff from the Dashboard or click the Message Staff icon at the top of the page.
- Click the TeamTxt tab.
Note: To send group text messages, you’ll want to purchase TeamTxt credits as you need them.
- Purchase credits by clicking Buy More.
The minimum purchase for credits is 500 for $25 (USD). TeamTxt credits do not expire. Depending on what country you are in, the amount of credits required to send a message to one employee are as follows:
Country/Region Credits for one TeamTxt Australia 7 Canada 1 Chile 5 Costa Rica 5 Denmark 3 France 7 Hong Kong 5 Indonesia 3 Ireland 2 Mexico 5 Netherlands 8 New Zealand 8 Norway 5 Philippines 5 South Africa 8 Spain 8 Sweden 7 United Kingdom 5 United States 1 Country/Region Credits for one TeamTxt Australia 7 Canada 1 Chile 5 Costa Rica 5 Denmark 3 France 7 Hong Kong 5 Indonesia 3 Ireland 2 Mexico 5 Netherlands 8 New Zealand 8 Norway 5 Philippines 5 South Africa 8 Spain 8 Sweden 7 United Kingdom 5 United States 1
A single TeamTxt can contain up to 140 characters. If your message is longer than 140 characters, it is broken up into multiple TeamTxt messages.
Note: If your country is not included and you are interested in this feature, please let us know at email@example.com, and we’ll see if we can accommodate.
- Click the Gear icon to change who can send TeamTxt messages. By default, only Account Holders can send TeamTxt messages. The Account Holder can edit this so that Managers or Managers and Supervisors can use TeamTxt credits.
- Creating a TeamTxt message works the same as email. Select an employee (or all employees) and input a message. Click Send Message to send your message.