Using Group Emails from When I Work allows you to quickly communicate with all users, specific positions, or specific users about changes on the schedule or at the business.
- You must have supervisor, manager, or admin access privileges to send a group email.
- Email messages sent through When I Work go to users’ email inboxes. If you’d like a copy of the message sent through When I Work, be sure to include your name in the email recipient list.
- To email messages, users must have a valid email address entered into their User Profile. Adding an email address can be done by the User directly or with the assistance of the admin, manager, or supervisor.
- When I Work sends out emails immediately but depending on your email provider, your email may have a delayed arrival into your inbox.
- For some users, emails get sent to the spam inbox. Please check your spam inbox and edit your email settings to approve/whitelist all When I Work emails.
Sending a custom group email
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, click on the Menu button on the top left of the screen.
- Select Send Email from the Toolbox list.
- This will bring up a new screen where you can enter the Recipients of this email, subject line, and message body.
- Enter the email audience. It can be specific Users, Positions, or Schedules.
NOTE: When entering in the email audience, When I Work will search your account to find relevant results. Save time and select from the preselected list!Select All if the message needs to go to all Users in the Account.NOTE: This is a required step. Without selecting email recipients, When I Work will not allow this message to be sent.
- Fill out the email Subject Line and Message Body.
- When you are ready, click Send button on the top right of the screen.
- A confirmation message will appear at the bottom of the screen with Message Saved.