Using Group Emails from When I Work allows you to quickly communicate with All Employees, Specific Positions, or Specific Employees about changes on the schedule or at the business.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges to send a group email.
- Email messages sent through When I Work go to employees’ email inboxes. If you’d like a copy of the message sent through When I Work, be sure to include your name in the email recipient list.
- To email messages, employees must have a valid email address entered into their User Profile. Adding an email address can be done by the User directly or with the assistance of the Account Holder, Manager, or Supervisor.
- When I Work sends out emails immediately but depending on your email provider, your email may have a delayed arrival into your inbox.
- For some users, emails get sent to the spam inbox. Please check your spam inbox and edit your email settings to approve/whitelist all When I Work emails.
Sending a custom group email
1) From the When I Work Scheduling app, click on the Menu button on the top left of the screen
2) Select Send Message from the Toolbox list
3) This will bring up a new screen where you can enter the Recipients of this email, subject line, and message body.
4) Enter the email audience. It can be specific Employees, Positions, or Locations. NOTE: When entering in the email audience, When I Work will search your account to find relevant results. Save time and select from the preselected list!
Select All if the message needs to go to all Users in the Account.
NOTE: This is a required step. Without selecting email recipients, When I Work will not allow this message to be sent.
5) Fill out the email Subject Line and Message Body.
6) When you are ready, click Send icon on the top right of the screen.
7) A confirmation message will appear at the bottom of the screen with Message Saved