Using Group Emails from When I Work allows you to quickly communicate with All Employees, Specific Positions, or Specific Employees about changes on the schedule or at the business.
- You must have admin, manager, or supervisor level access in When I Work.
- Email Messages sent through When I Work go straight to the email inbox’s of your select employees. If you’d like a copy of the message sent through When I Work, be sure to include your name in the email recipient list.
- To receive Email Alerts, the User must have a valid email address entered into their User Profile. Adding an email address can be done by the User directly or with the assistance of the admin, manager, or supervisor.
- When I Work sends out Email Alerts immediately but depending on your email provider, your email may have a delayed arrival into your inbox. Adding an email address can be done by the User directly or with the assistance of the admin, manager, or supervisor.
- For some Users, Email Alerts get sent to the spam inbox. Please check your spam inbox and edit your email settings to approve/whitelist all When I Work emails.
Send a custom group email
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap the More at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Send Message from the Toolbox list.
- This will bring up a new screen where you can pick the Recipients of this email.
- Tap + Employee to bring up a list of all Employees in your account. Add them one-by-one into your email.
- Tapping + Position to bring up a list of all Positions in your account. Select the Position(s) to add into your email.
- Tap Send to All will add all employees.
NOTE: This is a required step. Without selecting email recipients, When I Work will not allow this message to be sent.
- Fill out the email Subject Line and Message Body. When you are ready, tap Send on the top right of the screen.
- A pop up will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap Send to confirm.If you no longer need to email your employees, tap Cancel. When I Work does not store draft messages.