Using Group Emails from When I Work allows you to quickly communicate with All Employees, Specific Positions, or Specific Employees about changes on the schedule or at the business.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have Account Holder, Manager, or Supervisor level access in When I Work.
- Email Messages sent through When I Work go straight to the email inbox’s of your select employees. If you’d like a copy of the message sent through When I Work, be sure to include your name in the email recipient list.
- To receive Email Alerts, the User must have a valid email address entered into their User Profile. Adding an email address can be done by the User directly or with the assistance of the Account Holder, Manager, or Supervisor.
- When I Work sends out Email Alerts immediately but depending on your email provider, your email may have a delayed arrival into your inbox. Adding an email address can be done by the User directly or with the assistance of the Account Holder, Manager, or Supervisor.
- For some Users, Email Alerts get sent to the spam inbox. Please check your spam inbox and edit your email settings to approve/whitelist all When I Work emails.
- This article contains images of the When I Work app on an iPhone. Although the app looks slightly different on an iPad, the app works the same on both devices.
Things to do before you beginMake sure the When I Work Employee Scheduling app is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
Send a custom group email
1) From the iPhone/iPad app, click the “More” tab at the bottom of the screen.
2) Select Send Message from the Toolbox list
3) This will bring up a new screen where you can pick the Recipients of this email.
- Clicking Employee will bring up a list of all Employees in your account. Add them one-by-one into your email.
- Clicking Position will bring up a list of all Positions in your account. Select the Position(s) to add into your email.
NOTE: This is a required step. Without selecting email recipients, When I Work will not allow this message to be sent.
4) Fill out the email Subject Line and Message Body. When you are ready, click Send on the top right of the screen.
5) A pop up will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click “Send” to confirm the message’s delivery.
If you no longer need to email your employees, click “Cancel.” When I Work does not store draft messages.