WorkChat allows you and your staff to send messages and images in real time without exchanging personal contact information. For example, you might want to start a discussion, share an image, send an announcement, or just let your employees know you’re running late.
- WorkChat is available for plans that support 1,000 or fewer users.
- WorkChat cannot be enabled for an account with over 800 users.
- You must be a manager or account holder to enable or disable WorkChat for the account.
- If you disable WorkChat, all previously sent messages are deleted and cannot be recovered.
Turning WorkChat on or off
When you turn WorkChat on or off, it impacts all users that belong to the account.
Hover over , then select General Settings.
- Click the switch next to WorkChat to enable or disable chat.
If you don’t see WorkChat, your account doesn’t meet the requirements.
- To turn on WorkChat, enable the switch.
- To turn off WorkChat, disable the switch.
- Click Save near the top-right corner of the page.
You may need to refresh the page to make the change take effect in your web browser.
Using WorkChat to communicate with your staff
Clearing the WorkChat message history
If you need to clear the message history, simply turn off WorkChat momentarily. When you turn off WorkChat, we’ll delete all of the previously sent messages.
- Follow the steps above to turn off WorkChat and save your changes.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Follow the steps above to turn WorkChat back on and save your changes.
Frequently asked questions
What happens to WorkChat if my business grows past 1,000 employees?
WorkChat is available for plans that support 1,000 or fewer users. If you select a plan that allows more than 1,000 users, we’ll automatically disable WorkChat for your account. We anticipate future WorkChat releases will support larger customers.
How does sending photos in WorkChat impact data usage on mobile devices?
WorkChat delivers reduced size photos by default to minimize data usage and ensure that messages are delivered quickly. If you tap on a photo to view it in detail, your mobile device downloads the larger version.
How do I remove inappropriate messages?
If one of your employees sends a message that you need to remove, simply clear the message history by turning WorkChat off and on as described above.