Register with your workplace in When I Work to get access to your schedule. If your employer uses When I Work to track time, you can also clock in and out for shifts.
How do I register with my workplace?
There are two ways to join your workplace:
- Accept an invite from your manager: If your manager added you to When I Work, you have a welcome email or text message that will help you get started. If you received an invite, accept the invite to get started.
- Register without an invite: If your manager didn’t send you an invite, you can set up an account and search for your workplace instead.
If your manager invited you, use the welcome email or text message to join your workplace.
- Find the welcome email or text message from When I Work.
Example text message:
- Accept the invite:
- If you have a welcome email, click Accept Your Invite. You’re prompted to set your password.
- If you have a welcome text message, type the link address in your browser’s address bar. When you visit the address, you’re prompted to set your password.
If you don’t want to type the link, you can accept the invite from your iPhone/iPad or Android phone.
- Type a password, then type it again to confirm.
Your password must be at least 10 characters long, and cannot contain your email address or common phrases like “password.”
- Click Create.
Your account is created! Continue with Next Steps to finish setting up your account.
If your manager hasn’t sent you an invite, you can set up a When I Work account and search for your workplace instead.
Step 1: Register for a When I Work account
If you used When I Work at a previous workplace and already have an account, you can skip this step and find your workplace.
- From your computer, use a supported web browser to visit https://app.wheniwork.com.
- Click Register Now.
- Enter your name, email address, mobile number, and new password.
- Although your mobile number is optional, we recommend adding it so that you can receive shift notifications via text message.
- Your password must be at least 10 characters long, and cannot contain your email address or common phrases like “password.”
- Click Sign Up.
Workplace search appears.
- (Existing account only) If you’ve used When I Work before and didn’t create a new account in the previous step:
- Log in to When I Work.
- If you see “Find Your Workplace,” go to step 2.
- If you don’t see “Find Your Workplace,” click your name in the upper-right corner of the page, select Switch Accounts, then click Find Workplace.
- Search for your workplace by typing its business name, address, or account ID.
Matching workplaces appear in the list as you type.
- In the results, click your workplace to view its details.
If you can’t find your workplace, click My Workplace Isn’t Listed to create it in When I Work.
- Click Request to Join Workplace.
After you ask to join, your account is pending until your manager approves your request.
We’ll send you an email when your manager approves your request. When you get the email, refresh the web page or go to https://app.wheniwork.com to log in again.
Now that you’ve successfully joined your workplace, it’s time to finish setting up your account.
Set up your profile
Set up your profile to confirm your contact information, add a picture, and set the number of hours you prefer to work each week.
Set your alert preferences
When I Work sends you alerts to make sure you stay informed about what’s going on. For example, you can receive an alert when the schedule is updated or you have an upcoming shift. Set your alert preferences to make sure you’re notified in the right place at the right time.
Set your availability preferences
Set your availability preferences so scheduling managers can see when you prefer to work and when you prefer not to work.
- This feature allows you to set a preference that helps your employer make the schedule. However, your employer can schedule shifts that conflict with your preferences when needed.
- Your employer has the option to disable this feature.
Check your schedule
Now that you’re set up, you can view your personal schedule in When I Work.
Get the mobile app
Install the When I Work app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone to get schedule updates from anywhere!