When you initially add a shift to the schedule, it is only visible to you and other supervisors and managers; the employee cannot see the shift until you publish it. This allows you to build and tweak the schedule without making it visible to your employees. Unpublished shifts have diagonal lines to let you know they’re not published.
You can also publish the schedule from your computer or publish shifts individually from your Android phone.
To make sure your employees are aware of their shifts, When I Work notifies your employees when:
- You publish shifts that are assigned to them using the Publish & Notify button or by publishing the shift individually.
- You save changes to a shift that is already published.
- You publish OpenShifts that they’re eligible to take.
- You offer OpenShifts to them.
Publish a single shift
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap Scheduler at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the shift you want to publish.
- Tap Publish at the bottom of the screen.
Publish multiple shifts at once
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap More More icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Under manager Tools, tap Publish & Notify.
- (Optional) If you want to publish shifts for specific users or positions only, tap Employee or Position.
- Use Date and to Date to select the time period for which you want to publish shifts.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap Send to publish the schedule.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Publish & Notify to confirm.