If you want to avoid sending your employees too many notifications when you’re building the schedule, don’t publish shifts one at a time. Instead, publish the schedule for longer time periods and we’ll do our best to minimize notifications.
When are employees notified?
To make sure your employees are aware of their shifts, When I Work notifies your employees when:
- You publish shifts that are assigned to them using the Publish & Notify button or by publishing the shift individually.
- You save changes to a shift that is already published.
- You publish OpenShifts that they’re eligible to take.
- You offer OpenShifts to them.
How can I reduce publish notifications?
When I Work automatically batches notifications when you publish many shifts at once. That means your employees receive one notification when you publish the schedule for a day, week, or month all at once.
Avoid publishing shifts one at a time as you create them.
- When you add a shift based on a shift template, it automatically appears on the schedule in an unpublished state.
- When you add a custom shift, click Save to add it to the schedule without publishing it.
When you’re finished building the schedule for a day, week, or month, publish the entire schedule.