If you want to prevent your employees from seeing other employees’ names and contact information on the Coworkers tab, you can enable global employee privacy in the app settings.
Things to know before you begin
- You must be a manager or account holder to enable global employee privacy.
- The global privacy setting is only available to Enterprise level accounts.
- The global employee privacy setting overrides the privacy setting that is available to individual employees.
- The global employee privacy setting is available in the web app only. However, the setting affects the web app, iPhone/iPad app, and Android app.
How global employee privacy works
When employee privacy is enabled in app settings:
- Employees cannot see other employees’ names or contact information on the Coworkers tab.
- Employees can still see supervisors, managers, and their email addresses.
- Employees can no longer change their individual privacy settings.
- Supervisors and managers can still see all employees.
- From a computer, go to https://app.wheniwork.com/ and sign in to your account.
- From the top right of the page, click your profile picture, then select App Settings.
- Click the toggle next to Employee Privacy.
- Near the top of the page, click Save.