Archiving an employee removes that person from the schedule and revokes access to your workplace.
- You must have Supervisor, Manager, or Admin access privileges to archive an employee.
- Supervisors can only archive users with employee-level access.
- Admins and managers can archive any users.
- If an employee is archived, you can still access details about their past shifts and total hours through a schedule export. Check out Exporting Data for more details. Time sheet and payroll information is not deleted.
- If you need to bring back an archived employee, check out our article on Reactivating Archived Employees.
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap Menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down, then tap Employees.
- Tap on the employee you need to archive, then tap Trash button.
- Choose how you want to handle the employee’s future shifts.
If the employee doesn’t have future shifts, you can skip this step.
- If you want to keep the shifts, tap Move future shifts to OpenShifts.
- If you don’t need to keep the shifts, tap Delete future shifts.
The employee is archived from the account and schedule.