When users register with your workplace without an invite, they must be approved by a manager to join the workplace.
You can also approve pending users from your computer or Android device.
- You must have admin or manager level access to approve a request to join.
- If a user that already belongs to your workplace registers with a different email address (instead of logging in), you can merge the pending user with the existing user.
- Users can only be merged if one of the users is pending; two registered users cannot be merged.
- Merging a pending user with a registered user only replaces the original email address and password with the new email address and password.
Approve a pending user
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap More in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- In your toolbox list, tap Employees.
Pending users appear at the top of the user list.
- Tap [pending user name] to Approve, Merge, or Archive the request.
- Approve Employee: Confirms the user’s request to join and creates a profile on the account for the user.
- Merge With Employee…: Merges the pending user’s profile with the user profile of your choosing.
- Archive Employee: Removes the user’s request to join and the requestor cannot access the account.
Frequently asked questions
I approved a pending user without merging. Can I go back and merge them?
No. You’d need to archive the user you approved and have the user login with the correct email address and password. You can look at their user details and tell them which email address to use.
My user sees an “almost ready” message upon logging in, but they’ve already registered. What’s going on?
The user may have registered with a different workplace using a different email address. You can look at their user details and tell them which email address to use.
I merged a pending user with my profile, and now I can’t log in. What do I do?
If you merge a pending user with your own profile, contact our Customer Care team.