When employees register with your workplace without an invite, they must be approved by a manager to join the workplace.
- You must have admin or manager level access to approve a request to join.
- Pending employees cannot be merged with employee profiles on the Android app. Pending employees can be merged from a computer or an iOS device.
Approve a pending employee
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap Menu button in the top left corner of the screen.
- In your toolbox list, tap Employees.
- To view pending employees, tap Pending at the top of the screen.
- Tap [pending employee name] to Archive Trash button or Approve Checkmark button the request.
- Archive Trash button: Removes the employee’s request to join and the requestor cannot access the account.
- Approve Checkmark button: Confirms the employee’s request to join and creates a profile on the account for the employee.
Frequently asked questions
I approved a pending employee without merging. Can I go back and merge them?
No. You’d need to archive the employee you approved and have the employee log in with the correct email address and password. You can look at their employee details and tell them which email address to use.
My employee sees an “almost ready” message upon logging in, but they’ve already registered. What’s going on?
The employee may have registered with a different workplace using a different email address. You can look at their employee details and tell them which email address to use.
I merged a pending employee with my profile, and now I can’t log in. What do I do?
If you merge a pending employee with your own profile, contact our Customer Care team.