Shift Bidding, also called “OpenShift Requests”, is an option within an OpenShift that allows employees to express interest in the shift. Management can then view who has requested to pick up the OpenShift and select and approve an employee to work the shift.
The Shift Bidding option helps schedulers moderate the OpenShift pick up process to get the most qualified employees into the right shifts.
- The pick up approval option is not available for OpenShifts that have multiple instances. If the pick up approval option is checked, the How Many field is inaccessible.
- The pick up approval option becomes unchecked when saving templates or copying shifts and schedules.
Require pick up approval
Create or edit an OpenShift in the scheduler to require pick up approval.
- Create or edit an OpenShift.
- Check the box for Require OpenShift Pick Up Approval.
- Save and/or publish the OpenShift:
- Click Save & Publish if you’d like to publish the shift and eligible employees.
- Click Save if you don’t want to publish the shift yet. When you publish the shift, eligible employees are notified and can request to pick up the shift.
Shifts requiring pick up approval are marked with a pick up approval icon in the scheduler.
Processing OpenShift Requests
You can process OpenShift requests on the OpenShifts requests page.
Hover over , then select OpenShift Requests.
- Click the OpenShift request that you want to process.
- Select an employee to work the OpenShift. Employees appear in order of the date the OpenShift was requested on.
- Click Approve to assign the OpenShift.
OpenShift request statuses
Each request has a status that lets you know its state and who needs to act on it.
|Description||The request is waiting for approval from management.|
|Description||The request has been approved by management.|
|Description||The manager or the user that created the request has canceled the request.|
|Description||The specific day regarding the request has passed; no one approved or denied it in time.|
|Description||The request was denied by management.|
|Pending Approval||The request is waiting for approval from management.|
|Approved||The request has been approved by management.|
|Canceled||The manager or the user that created the request has canceled the request.|
|Expired||The specific day regarding the request has passed; no one approved or denied it in time.|
|Denied||The request was denied by management.|