Shift Bidding, also called OpenShift Requests, is an option within an OpenShift that allows employees to express interest in the shift. Require pick up approval on OpenShifts to allow users to bid on the shift.
Require pick up approval
Create or edit an OpenShift in the scheduler to require pick up approval.
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap Menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap Scheduler.
- Tap , then tap Create Shift.
- If you want to add a one-off OpenShift, tap Custom Shift.
- If you want to add an OpenShift you frequently schedule, tap one of your shift templates. If you haven’t added shift templates for shifts that regularly occur, create a shift template.
- Set up the shift details.
- Tap the switch for Require Pickup Approval.
- When you’re finished, tap in the top-right corner of the screen to save.
A confirmation prompt appears.
- If you want to save the shift without making it visible to qualified employees, tap Save (unpublish).
- If you want to make the shift visible and notify qualified employees, tap Save & Publish.