Update your alert preferences to customize how you’re automatically notified by When I Work.
Things to know before you begin
- To receive email alerts, you must have a valid email address added to your user profile.
- When I Work sends email alerts immediately, but emails may be delayed by your email provider.
- In some cases, email providers mark When I Work emails as spam. If you’re not receiving email alerts, check your spam inbox and edit your email settings to approve/whitelist all When I Work emails.
- To receive text/SMS alerts, you must have a mobile phone number added your user profile.
- While you’re logged into the app from your phone, we’ll send push notifications.
- While you’re logged out of the app, we’ll send notifications by SMS/text message.
Types of alerts
|Alert Name||Time-Off Requests|
|Alert Name||Swap/Drop Requests|
|Alert Name||Schedule Updates|
|Alert Name||New Employee|
|Sent When||A new employee registers with your workplace.|
|Alert Name||Availability Change|
|Sent When||An employee edits availability preferences.1|
|Alert Name||Clock In/Out Reminders|
|Alert Name||Shift Reminders|
|Sent When||One of your shifts is coming up. You can edit how many hours before your shift to be notified. Shift reminders can be sent as early as 24 hours before the shift starts.|
|Alert Name||Sent When|
|New Employee||A new employee registers with your workplace.|
|Availability Change||An employee edits availability preferences.1|
|Clock In/Out Reminders||
|Shift Reminders||One of your shifts is coming up. You can edit how many hours before your shift to be notified. Shift reminders can be sent as early as 24 hours before the shift starts.|
1 Users with supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges only.
Set your alert preferences
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap Menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Under User Tools, tap Profile & Settings.
- Scroll down to Alert Preferences.
- Set your alert preferences.
- Tap Mobile alert next to an alert to turn mobile alerts on or off.
- Tap Email alert next to an alert to turn email alerts on or off.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap Checkmark button to save your changes.