You might want to set up time-based clock-in restrictions if you don’t want employees clocking in too early for their scheduled shifts.
If you need to set up location-based clock-in restrictions, check out Restricting Where Employees Can Clock In.
How time-based clock-in restrictions work
In When I Work, time-based restrictions determine when an employee can clock in.
|Clock-In Scenario||To avoid paying for unscheduled time, employees must be scheduled in order to clock in.|
|Restriction||Within 5, 15, or 30 minutes of a shift|
|Clock-In Scenario||You allow employees to clock in at any time; they do not need to have scheduled shifts.|
|To avoid paying for unscheduled time, employees must be scheduled in order to clock in.||Within 5, 15, or 30 minutes of a shift|
|You allow employees to clock in at any time; they do not need to have scheduled shifts.||Anytime|
Things to know before you begin
- Clock-in restrictions do not apply to time clock terminals on iPhones and iPads.
- Clock-in restriction settings are account-wide, however, managers and account holders can clock themselves or employees in at any time regardless of attendance settings.
By default, employees can clock in no more than 15 minutes early for their shifts. Adjust the restriction to fit your needs.
- Go to App Settings.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click Attendance.
- Near the top of the screen, use the How Early Can Employees Clock In for a Shift menu to select how early an employee can clock in for a shift.
- If you want to prevent employees from clocking in before their shifts begin, select 5 mins before, 15 mins before, or 30 mins before.
- If you want to allow employees to clock in at any time, select Anytime.
- Click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.