By default, employees have the ability to edit their own personal timesheets in When I Work. If you don’t want employees to edit their own timesheets, disable the feature so they can only record their hours by clocking in and out.
Things to know before you begin
- Only the account holder and managers with access to manage payroll can change payroll settings.
- If you allow employees to edit their own timesheets, they can only make edits to timesheets in open pay periods.
- Go to App Settings.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click Attendance.
- Scroll down to the Payroll section, then uncheck the Allow Employees to Enter and Edit Their Own Timesheets option.
- Click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.