Availability preferences let you know when an employee prefers to work. You might need to edit an employee’s availability yourself if the employee communicates preferences to you outside of When I Work.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges to set availability preferences on behalf of an employee.
- Employees can set their their own availability preferences. Encourage them to set their availability in the When I Work app to save time.
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap Menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to Toolbox, then tap Employees.
- Tap the employee for whom you want to edit availability preferences.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap View Availability.The availability screen appears.
- Follow our instructions to set availability preferences for the employee.