Availability preferences let you know when an employee prefers to work. You might need to edit an employee’s availability yourself if the employee communicates preferences to you outside of When I Work.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges to set availability preferences on behalf of an employee.
- Employees can set their their own availability preferences. Encourage them to set their availability in the When I Work app to save time.
- Near the top-right corner of the page, hover your pointer over Gear menu, then click Employees.
- Find the employee for whom you want to edit availability preferences.
- Next to the employee, click Calendar button.The availability screen appears.
- Follow our instructions to set availability preferences for the employee.