Deleting an employee removes that person from the schedule and revokes access to your workplace.
- You must have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges to delete an employee.
- Supervisors can only delete users with employee level access.
- Account holders and managers can delete any users.
- If an employee is deleted, you can still access details about their past shifts and total hours through a schedule export. Check out Exporting Data for more details. Time sheet and payroll information is not deleted.
- If you need to bring back a deleted employee, check out our article on Reactivating Deleted Employees.
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap Menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down, then tap Employees.
- Tap on the employee you need to delete, then tap Trash button.
- Choose how you want to handle the employee’s future shifts.
If the employee doesn’t have future shifts, you can skip this step.
- If you want to keep the shifts, tap Move future shifts to OpenShifts.
- If you don’t need to keep the shifts, tap Delete future shifts.
The employee is deleted from the account and schedule.