Auto scheduling leverages the information already entered in your When I Work account to create a schedule. The feature automatically assigns unpublished OpenShifts to employees for you to review and publish.
- Auto scheduling is only available in week view.
- Only unpublished OpenShifts are automatically assigned.
- OpenShifts with no position are only eligible to be assigned to employees whose profile is not assigned to any positions.
How auto schedule works
Shifts are assigned to employees based on:
- The employee’s assigned positions.
- The employee’s assigned tags.
- The employee’s existing shifts (published or unpublished).
- The employee’s approved time off requests.
- Active filters in the scheduler.
Configure additional assignment qualifications including:
- Respect the maximum hours set in the employee’s profile.
- The employee’s unavailable preferences.
- The employee’s preferred work preferences.
- Allow multiple shifts to be assigned to an employee per day.
Auto schedule shifts
- Click to add OpenShifts. Make sure the OpenShifts remain unpublished.
- Click Auto Schedule Shifts.
- (Optional) Configure additional auto schedule settings.
- Click Run Auto Schedule. The shifts are automatically assigned in the scheduler.
- Click Save Shifts or Revert.
- Save Shifts saves the automatically assigned schedule.
- Revert places the automatically assigned shifts back into the OpenShifts row.After saving the shifts, review the automatic assignment. Make changes manually if necessary.
- Publish & Notify your employees of the schedule.