Adding New Users into When I Work allows the New User to see scheduled shifts, available OpenShifts, set Availability Preferences and much more! In addition, it also allows Account Holder/ Managers/ Supervisors the ability to communicate to the entire staff quickly.
Things to know before you begin
- You must be a supervisor, manager, or account holder to add an employee.
- By default, the new user will be assigned “Employee” level access. Visit the web app from your computer, or iPhone/iPad app to assign a new user ID, enter max hours/ week, or assign a higher user access level.
Add an employee
1) From the When I Work Scheduling app, click on the Menu button on the top left of the screen
2) Select Employees from the Toolbox list
3) From the Employees page, select the “+” icon to add a New Employee to the account
4) Enter the New User’s First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, and Email Address.
If an email address or a mobile number is included in the New User’s Profile, When I Work will send the User an invitation link to register for the schedule.
5) The New User will be added as an Employee on default. To assign a higher User Access Level, visit the Web App or iPhone/iPad app.
NOTE: Supervisors can only add Employees. Only Account Holders and Managers have the ability to add additional Supervisors.
6) OPTIONAL: Enter Notes (i.e. birthday, start date, certifications).
7) To Tag a Position to the New User, click the + icon next to “Tag Position…” and click the Position they are qualified to work from All Positions in the Account.
NOTE: When I Work allows you to tag a User to Multiple Positions. Tagging a User to Multiple Positions means that the New User is qualified to work the Position.
8) To Tag a Location to the New User, click the + icon next to “Tag Location…” and click the Locations they are qualified to work from All Locations in the Account.
NOTE: When I Work allows you to tag a User to Multiple Location(s). Tagging a User to Multiple Locations means that the New User is qualified to work at the Locations.
9) When you have completed adding all New User information, click the Checkmark icon on the top right of the screen. If you do not click the Checkmark icon, your New User’s information will not be stored and you will need to start over.
10) You have now completed adding the New Employee! As the Account Holder/ Manager/ Supervisor, you also have the ability to view the New User’s Schedule, Enter/Edit the New User’s Availability, or Contact the New User (Place a Phone Call, Send Text Message, Send Email, and/ or Add Contact to Address Book).