WorkChat allows you and your staff to send messages and images in real time without exchanging personal contact information. For example, you might want to start a discussion, share an image, send an announcement, or just let your employees know you’re running late.
Things to know before you begin
- WorkChat is available for plans that support 1,000 or fewer users.
- WorkChat cannot be enabled for an account with over 800 users.
- You must be a manager or account holder to enable or disable WorkChat for the account.
- If you disable WorkChat, all previously sent messages are deleted and cannot be recovered.
Turning WorkChat on or off
When you turn WorkChat on or off, it impacts all users that belong to the account.
- Open the When I Work Staff Scheduling app.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap More More icon.
- Tap WorkChat Preferences.
- Tap the switch next to WorkChat to enable or disable chat.
If you don’t see WorkChat, your account doesn’t meet the requirements.
- To turn on WorkChat, enable the switch.
- To turn off WorkChat, disable the switch. When you’re prompted to confirm your decision, tap Disable.
Using WorkChat to communicate with your staff
Clearing the WorkChat message history
If you need to clear the message history, simply turn off WorkChat momentarily. When you turn off WorkChat, we’ll delete all of the previously sent messages.
- Follow the steps above to turn off WorkChat.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Follow the steps above to turn WorkChat back on.
Frequently asked questions
What happens to WorkChat if my business grows past 1,000 employees?
WorkChat is available for plans that support 1,000 or fewer users. If you select a plan that allows more than 1,000 users, we’ll automatically disable WorkChat for your account. We anticipate future WorkChat releases will support larger customers.
How does sending photos in WorkChat impact data usage on mobile devices?
WorkChat delivers reduced size photos by default to minimize data usage and ensure that messages are delivered quickly. If you tap on a photo to view it in detail, your mobile device downloads the larger version.
How do I remove inappropriate messages?
If one of your employees sends a message that you need to remove, simply clear the message history by turning WorkChat off and on as described above.