When users register with your workplace without an invite, they must be approved by a manager to join the workplace.
- You must have admin or manager level access to approve a request to join.
- Pending users cannot be merged with user profiles on the Android app. Pending users can be merged from a computer or an iOS device.
Approve a Pending User
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap More in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Users.
- To view pending users, tap Pending at the top of the screen.
- Tap the user’s name to view their name and contact details.
a. Tap Trash button to Archive the user. This removes the user’s request to join and the requestor cannot access the account.
b Tap Edit to edit or approve the request.
- If you tap , you can manage their profile details.
a. Tap to approve the request to join so they are able to view the workplace.
b. Edit the user’s first or last name.
c. Edit the user’s contact details including the phone number or email.
d. Enter a note about the user (only visible to a supervisor, manager, or admin)
e. Tap to add a position so they are qualified to work specific shifts.
f. Tap to add tags so they are qualified to work specific shifts.
g. Tap to add a schedule so they can have shifts assigned.
Frequently Asked Questions
I approved a pending user without merging. Can I go back and merge them?
No. You’d need to archive the user you approved and have the user log in with the correct email address and password. You can look at their user details and tell them which email address to use.
My user sees an “almost ready” message upon logging in, but they’ve already registered. What’s going on?
The user may have registered with a different workplace using a different email address. You can look at their user details and tell them which email address to use.
I merged a pending user with my profile, and now I can’t log in. What do I do?
If you merge a pending user with your own profile, contact our Customer Care team.