When I Work makes keeping track of employees’ hours easy as you’re building the schedule. In addition to seeing an employee’s preferred, scheduled, and max hours, you can see how much overtime an employee is scheduled to work.
Things to know before you begin
- When I Work shows you if you’ve scheduled an employee beyond their preferred or max hours, but does not prevent you from scheduling shifts beyond an employee’s preferred or max hours.
- Overtime displayed in the Scheduler is based on scheduled hours. If you use Time Clock & Attendance, you can view overtime based on worked hours on employees’ time sheets.
View an employee’s scheduled hours
Three numbers display below each employee’s name in the schedule while in week view, indicating their preferred / scheduled / max hours.
- Preferred hours: An employee can set the number of hours they prefer to work per week in their profile. The numbers below an employee’s name turn orange if their scheduled hours exceed their preferred hours.
- Scheduled hours: The total number of scheduled hours an employee has for the week. Scheduled hours do not include unpaid breaks.
- Max hours: A manager can set the max hours an employee can work per week in the employee’s profile. The numbers below an employee’s name turn red if their scheduled hours exceed their max hours.
View total hours
Total hours are displayed at the bottom of the schedule in day and week view.
Hourly totals at the bottom of the schedule show how many hours are scheduled throughout the day. Unpaid breaks are not included in the hourly totals.
Daily totals of scheduled hours show how many hours you have scheduled per day. Unpaid breaks are included in the daily totals.
Track overtime while scheduling
If you have set the max number of hours an employee can work in a week, When I Work lets you know if an employee would hit overtime based on the hours you schedule.
When you’re scheduling a shift, shift templates show the number of overtime hours an employee would work if they were scheduled for the shift.
When you’re reassigning shifts, the Employee menu shows the number of overtime hours an employee would work if they were assigned a shift.