When I Work makes keeping track of hours easy as you’re building the schedule. In addition to seeing total hours for all users for a day or week, you can see an individual user’s:
- Scheduled hours per day or week
- Max number of hours they should be scheduled per week
- When I Work shows you if you’ve scheduled a user beyond their max hours but does not prevent you from scheduling shifts beyond a user’s max hours.
- If your time zone is different from the account’s time zone, hours will show as cut off at the workday start time in the account’s local time.
- Tracking overtime hours? View overtime while scheduling with Overtime Visibility.
View a user’s scheduled hours
Two numbers display below each user’s name in the schedule while in week view, indicating their scheduled / max hours.
- Scheduled hours: The total number of scheduled hours a user has for the week. Scheduled hours include unpaid breaks.
- Max hours: A manager can set the max hours a user can work per week in the user’s profile. The numbers below a user’s name turn red if their scheduled hours exceed their max hours.
View total paid hours
Total paid hours are displayed at the bottom of the schedule in day and week view. You can view the total paid hours for assigned shifts, OpenShifts or a combined total.
- Assigned shifts: shifts that are assigned to a particular user.
- OpenShifts: shifts that qualified users can pick up.
- Combined: both assigned and OpenShifts.
Press Down arrow button on the total paid hours row to select your preferred total paid hours filter.
Hourly totals at the bottom of the schedule show how many paid hours are scheduled throughout the day.
Daily totals of scheduled hours show how many paid hours you have scheduled per day.
Track max hours while scheduling
If you have set the max number of hours a user can work in a week, When I Work shows you when a user exceeds their max hours based on the hours you schedule.
When you’re scheduling a shift, shift templates show an Over Max label if the shift template would put a user over their max hours per week.
When you’re reassigning shifts from positions or month view, the Assign menu shows how many hours a user would work over max hours per week if they were assigned a shift.