OpenShifts appear when your employer creates shifts that you and your coworkers can pick up yourselves. Taking an OpenShift automatically adds the shift to your schedule.
- OpenShifts are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- OpenShifts are available for all qualified and available employees.
- Managers can choose to offer OpenShifts to specific employees. Only those employees have the option to pick up the shift.
- The app displays up to 50 OpenShifts on the Dashboard. To view additional OpenShifts, tap the Schedule tab at the bottom of the screen or use the web app.
Take an Openshift
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap the OpenShifts Available card on the Dashboard.
- Review the available OpenShifts. If you’d like to view more OpenShifts, tap View All In Schedule at the bottom of the screen. Tap the OpenShift you’d like to take.
- Tap Take Shift at the bottom of the screen. A confirmation prompt appears.
- Tap Take to add the shift to your schedule.