OpenShifts appear when your employer creates shifts that you and your coworkers can pick up yourselves. Taking an OpenShift automatically adds the shift to your schedule.
- OpenShifts are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- OpenShifts are available for all qualified and available employees.
- Managers can choose to offer OpenShifts to specific employees. Only those employees have the option to pick up the shift.
- The app displays up to 50 OpenShifts on the Dashboard. To view additional OpenShifts, tap the Schedule tab at the bottom of the screen or use the web app.
- Some OpenShifts may require pick up approval from management. See Bid On OpenShifts.
Take an Openshift
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap the OpenShifts Available card on the Dashboard.
- Review the available OpenShifts. If you’d like to view more OpenShifts, tap View All In Schedule at the bottom of the screen. Tap the OpenShift you’d like to take.
- Tap Take Shift at the bottom of the screen. A confirmation prompt appears.
- Tap Take to add the shift to your schedule.