OpenShifts appear when your employer creates shifts that you and your coworkers can pick up yourselves. Taking an OpenShift automatically adds the shift to your schedule.
- OpenShifts are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- OpenShifts are available for all qualified and available employees.
- Managers can choose to offer OpenShifts to specific employees. Only those employees have the option to pick up the shift.
- The app displays up to 100 shifts for the next 12 weeks.
- Some OpenShifts may require pick up approval from management. See Bid On OpenShifts.
Take an OpenShift
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap the Open Shifts Available card on the Dashboard.
- Review the available OpenShifts, then tap the OpenShift that you want to take.
- Tap Take Shift to add the shift to your schedule.