OpenShifts appear when your employer creates shifts that you and your coworkers can pick up yourselves. Taking an OpenShift automatically adds the shift to your schedule.
Things to know before you begin
- OpenShifts are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- OpenShifts are available for all qualified and available employees.
- Managers can choose to offer OpenShifts to specific employees. Only those employees have the option to pick up the shift.
- The app displays up to 100 shifts for the next 12 weeks.
Things to do before you beginMake sure the When I Work Scheduling app is installed on your Android phone.
Take an OpenShift
- From the Dashboard, tap the Open Shifts Available card.
- Review the available OpenShifts, then tap the OpenShift that you want to take.
- Tap More button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Take Shift to add the shift to your schedule.