OpenShifts™ appear when your employer creates shifts that you and your coworkers can pick up yourselves.
Things to know before you begin
- You may be notified for different OpenShifts than your coworkers. Managers have the option to notify all qualified and available users about an OpenShift or select specific qualified and available employees.
- Open Shifts are available on a first come, first serve basis. The first user to pick up the shift gets it.
- An OpenShift is up for grabs for all qualified and available users until you tap “Take” on the confirmation screen.
- The app displays up to 100 shifts for the next 12 weeks.
Things to do before you beginMake sure the When I Work Scheduling app is installed on your Android phone.
Take an OpenShift
- Tap the menu button (≡), then tap Schedule.
The schedule opens to My Shifts view.
- Tap Open Shifts.
- Review the available OpenShifts, then tap the OpenShift that you want to take.
- Tap the ellipsis icon at the top right.
- Tap Take Shift.
The OpenShift is now yours! Feel free to review your personal schedule to see the OpenShift under your name.