Set your Alert Preferences so that you’re getting notified only about the things you want alerts about. You can also choose how you want to be notified, whether that’s through your email, your phone, or both!
Things to know before you begin
- To receive text/SMS alerts, you must set a mobile phone number added your user profile.
- To receive email alerts, you must have a valid email address added to your user profile.
- When I Work sends email alerts immediately, but emails may be delayed by your email provider.
- For some users, email alerts get sent to the spam inbox. Please check your spam inbox and edit your email settings to approve/whitelist all When I Work emails.
- When logged into the app from your phone, we will send push notifications. When signed out of the app, you will receive notifications by SMS/Text.
- To edit the “Don’t Notify Me Between” parameter, visit the web app from your computer.
- Depending on your access levels with When I Work, you may see different Alert Preference options in the app.
Things to do before you begin
Make sure the When I Work Scheduling app is installed on your Android phone.
Set your alert preferences
1) From the Android App, click on the Menu button on the top left of the screen
2) Select Profile & Settings from the Toolbox list
3) This will bring up an editable version of your Personal Profile.
4) By default, your Alert Preferences include only email alerts, which are represented by Envelope icons. If you would like mobile alerts, you’ll want to manually enable them by clicking on the Talk Bubble icons.
- Time-Off Requests: Receive alerts when your Account Holder, Manager, or Supervisor makes a decision about your Time Off requests
- Swap/Drop Requests: Receive alerts when a Swap or a Drop shift is available to you
- Schedule Updates: Receive alerts when you are assigned new shifts
- New Employee: Receive alerts when a new employee is attempting to register to your account’s schedule
- Availability Changes: Receive alerts when employees update or add Availability Preferences
- Shift Reminders: Receive alerts when a scheduled shift is coming up in the near future. You can edit how many hours in advance of your shift you want to be notified. Note: The maximum amount of hours you can be notified before a shift is 24 hours.
5) When you have completed editing your Alert Preferences, click the Checkmark icon on the top right of the screen. If you do not click the Checkmark icon, your Alert Preferences will not be stored and you will need to start over.
6) A confirmation message will appear at the bottom of the screen with Profile Saved