When you need to take time off from work, use the When I Work Staff Scheduling app for iPhone and iPad to send the request to your manager for approval. Time off can be submitted as unpaid, paid (PTO), sick, or holiday.
Things to know before you begin
If you’re an employee or supervisor, time off may be restricted based on your employer’s policies. Your employer can:
- Turn off time off requests to prevent you from creating time off requests.
- Prevent you from requesting time off on specific dates. Dates that have been blocked off are highlighted in red when you’re selecting the date of your time off request.
- Require that you request time off a certain number of days in advance. Be sure to check with them how much advance time they require so you know how far in advance you need to request time off.
Managers and account holders can make these policy changes in the Time Off Requests section of App Settings.
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap the Requests & Time Off card on the Dashboard.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap Time Off.
- Set up your time off request:
- (Required) At the bottom of the screen, select whether you’re request a Whole Day or Partial Day off.
- (Required) If you have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges, select Who you’re submitting the request for. If you’re an employee, skip this step.
- (Required) Set the date and time for your request:
- If you’re requesting a whole day off, set the Date and To Date for your request.
- If you’re requesting a partial day off, set the Date and Time for your request.
- (Required) Select the Time-Off Type.
- (Optional) Include a Message with your request.
- When you’re finished, tap Send in the top-right corner of the screen.
After you submit your time off request, it is sent to your manager for approval.