When you need to take time off from work, use the When I Work Staff Scheduling app for iPhone and iPad to send the request to your manager for approval. Time off can be submitted as unpaid, paid (PTO), sick, or holiday.
If you have employee access privileges, time off may be restricted based on your employer’s policies.
Your employer can:
- Turn off time off requests to prevent you from creating them in When I Work.
- Prevent you from requesting time off on specific dates.
- Require that you request time off a certain number of days in advance, except for sick time off. Sick time off can also be requested for past dates.
- Limit the number of paid hours per day.
Managers and account holders can make these policy changes in the Time Off Requests section of App Settings.
All requests have a status. Learn more about the different Time Off Request Statuses.
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap the Time Off Requests dashboard card.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap .
- Set up your time off request.
- When you’re finished, tap Send in the top-right corner of the screen.
After you submit your time off request, it is sent to your manager for approval.