The When I Work Scheduling app allows you to request time off from wherever you are. You can specify when and what kind of time you want to take off (Unpaid, PTO, Sick, Holiday) and send that request to your manager to get approval.
Things to know before you begin
- Your employer has the ability to turn off the time off request feature. Managers and account holders can make this change from the account’s App Settings.
- Your employer may require that you request time off a certain number of days in advance. Managers and account holders can make this change from the account’s App Settings. Be sure to check with them how much advance time they require so you can submit those requests successfully!
Things to do before you begin
Make sure the User must have When I Work Scheduling app is installed on your Android phone.
Requesting time off
1) From the Scheduling Android App, tap the Menu button (≡) on the top left of the screen
If you’re using the latest version of the app, you can also tap the requests card on the dashboard.
2) Select Requests from the Toolbox list
3) From the Requests page, tap the + button in the upper right corner of your screen.
4) This will bring you to an editable form for you to enter your Time Off Request. At the top of the screen, toggle between All Day or Partial Day Time Off Requests
5) If you are setting up an “All Day” request, define the start and end dates for your request
If you are setting up a “Partial Day” request, define the day it applies to as well as the start and end times for your request
6) Select the type of Time Off Request you are applying for: Unpaid, Paid (PTO), Sick, or Holiday
7) OPTIONAL: Enter a message to share with your Supervisor, Manager, and Account Holder
8) When you have completed entering your Time Off Request, click the Checkmark icon at the top right of the screen.
If Manager Approval is required, the Time Off Request will remain in Pending status until Approved.