When you need to take time off from work, use the When I Work Scheduling app for Android to send the request to your manager for approval. Time off can be submitted as unpaid, paid (PTO), sick, or holiday.
Things to know before you begin
If you’re an employee or supervisor, time off may be restricted based on your employer’s policies. Your employer can:
- Turn off time off requests to prevent you from creating time off requests.
- Prevent you from requesting time off on specific dates. Dates that have been blocked off are highlighted in red when you’re selecting the date of your time off request.
- Require that you request time off a certain number of days in advance. Be sure to check with them how much advance time they require so you know how far in advance you need to request time off.
Managers and account holders can make these policy changes in the Time Off Requests section of App Settings.
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap the Requests card on the Dashboard.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap Plus button.
- Set up your time off request:
- (Required) Near the top of the screen, tap whether you’re requesting All Day or a Partial Day off.
- (Required) Set the date and time for your request:
- If you’re requesting all day off, set the Start and End dates for your request.
- If you’re requesting a partial day off, set the Date and Time for your request.
- (Required) If you have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges, select Who you’re submitting the request for. If you’re an employee, skip this step.
- (Required) Select what Type of time off you’re requesting.
- (Optional) Include a Message with your request.
- When you’re finished, tap Checkmark button in the top-right corner of the screen.
After you submit your time off request, it is sent to your manager for approval.