When I Work integrates with QuickBooks Online to make managing employees and exporting payroll painless. The integration allows you to sync employee names and send employees’ hours to QuickBooks Online. Prior to exporting this information, you will need to close out and finalize your pay period.
Things to know before you begin
- Your workplace must use Time Clock & Attendance to set up payroll integrations.
- This integration is compatible with Quickbooks Online Plus with Payroll in the United States, India, Canada and Australia.
- Other QuickBooks Online plans are not compatible.
- QuickBooks Online accounts must use Enhanced payroll or Full Service payroll through Quickbooks. Outside payroll service integrations are not compatible.
- PaySuite payroll integration (United Kingdom only) and the KeyPay payroll integration (Australia only) are not compatible.
- All hours from your employees’ timesheets are transferred to QuickBooks Online as regular hours. If an employee has any time off, holiday time, sick time, or overtime in a pay period, you must manually adjust the employee’s hours in QuickBooks Online after you export payroll from When I Work.
- When I Work positions will not be transferred over due to limitations in the API(s). Please contact QuickBooks Support for additional details.
- The integration currently does not support:
- Exporting multiple pay rates
Before you begin
- Make sure all employees in When I Work are also in your QuickBooks Online account and vice versa. The on-screen prompt when you configure the integration will show you how to ensure this is matched properly.
- Make sure all employees listed in your QuickBooks Online account have complete profiles. If an individual user has not been completely set up in QuickBooks Online, their hours will not be transferred.
- Make sure When I Work Time Clock & Attendance is activated for your account.
Set up the Quickbooks Online Integration
If you already have a When I Work account and want to integrate with your QuickBooks Online account, follow these steps:
Hover over , then select Integrations.
- Click See all integrations.
- Under QuickBooks Online, click Learn more.
- On the right side of the page, click Enable.
- Authorize When I Work to access your QuickBooks Online account.
- If you are already logged into your QuickBooks Online account, you are prompted Authorize right away.
- If you’re not logged in, sign to your QuickBooks Online account, then click Authorize.
- After you’ve completed authorization, click Configure.
- Review and resolve user conflicts between When I Work and QuickBooks online. For each QuickBooks user on the left, select a matching When I Work user on the right. If there is no matching user in When I Work, click No? Add New to add the user or click Ignore to leave the user in Quickbooks only.
- When you’re finished, click Close.
Once you have QuickBooks Online connected and configured, you can finalize and export payroll to QuickBooks Online.