When employees ask to swap or drop a shift, you can use the When I Work Staff Scheduling app to process the requests from your iPhone.
- You must have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges to process employee requests. If you’re a supervisor, you can only process requests for employees that belong to your schedules.
- Swap and drop requests do not require approval if Require Manager Review is turned off in the General Settings.
- All requests have a status. Learn more about the different Shift Request Statuses.
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap the Shift Requests dashboard card.
- Tap the Swap or Drop request you want to process.
- Requests that require your approval are automatically moved to the top of the list.
- Requests with a Pending Approval tag need action from a supervisor, manager, or account holder.
- Requests with a Pending Acceptance tag need action from employees.
- (Optional) If you would like to change who the swap or drop request is offered to, clear the checkbox next to the shift (swap request) or employee (drop request).
- Approve or deny the request.
- To approve the request, tap Approve. Employees on the request are automatically notified.
- To deny the request, tap Deny. The employee that submitted the request is automatically notified.